Monday, June 8, 2015

New Figus Retusa update

Dear ALL,

I just wanted to post some pictures of the new Figus I bought and defoliated. It is doing great and is shooting out some new growth... however.. I can see the areas where i have left the tip.. it shoots out new growth.. meaning that the new growth will also be "leggy" :-( But those branches can be redused at a later state.

 
The trick with "activating" the aerial roots have also worked... I took some pictures of the process so far. i will leave them in water cups for some time.. ( untill I will repot the tree later this summer... hopefully they should be long enough to reach the soil level.  There are still some aerial roots I havent activated yet as they sit higher on the tree.. but that will be later to avoid having too many cups of water and bottles around the tree.




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment